Strategic Information Manager
Opportunities, Vacancies | 14 Jan 2019
NACOSA is looking for a dynamic and experienced Strategic Information Manager for an exciting new programme preventing gender based violence in communities, funded by USAID and PEPFAR.
S/he will be the lead technical expert responsible for all strategic information responsibilities related to the program, including all monitoring, evaluation, analytics, and reporting of performance and results. S/he will lead Activity efforts to strengthen monitoring and evaluation, and performance reporting within the geographic area of Activity, which may include overseeing support to community organizations to monitor, document and analyze the performance of their HIV services and activities and ensure data quality. S/he will liaise with relevant technical advisers and counterparts responsible for district and provincial level strategic information and monitoring and evaluation and support coordination with national management information system.
- A Bachelor’s degree in public health, epidemiology, social work, monitoring & evaluation, demography, biostatistics, statistics, analytics or a related field is required. A Master’s degree is preferred;
- Minimum of 8 years of work experience in designing, establishing, and managing monitoring and evaluation systems, ensuring data quality, and managing data intensive, performance-based programs funded by PEPFAR;
- Demonstrated ability to be the senior technical specialist and as a senior subject matter expert in data analytics;
- Demonstrated ability to perform robust data extraction from internal and external information systems;
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex data analytics utilizing Microsoft Excel, STATA, and/or Business Intelligence tools;
- Demonstrated ability to prepare expert quality data visualizations;
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex data quality analyses and make recommendations based on findings;
- Demonstrated ability to portray complex data sets in easy to understand formats including visualizations;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of South Africa’s health and social service information systems and monitoring and evaluation processes as it relates to data collection for performance- based reporting;
- Demonstrated knowledge and working experience in the use of mapping and other similar tools (including computer software programs) to target program interventions and resources; and
- Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in
Complete the NACOSA Employment Application Form or contact Chemonn Jacobs at NACOSA by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: 25 January 2019
- Only candidates who meet all the requirements will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks consider your application as unsuccessful. NACOSA reserves the right not to make any appointment in this position.
- NACOSA respects the privacy of its stakeholders and will treat all personal information provided in line with our recruitment policy and in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act.