Child & Youth Care Workers Eastern Cape
Opportunities, Vacancies | 19 Dec 2018
NACOSA will be implementing an FHI360 funded project in the Sub-Districts of OR Tambo, Chris Hani and Alfred Nzo within the Eastern Cape.
80 CYCW posts are available until 30 September 2019 with the potential to be renewed, subject to funds availability. The anticipated start date is 30 January 2019.
We are inviting suitably qualified Child and Youth Care Workers, who meet the below criteria, to apply for the position of Child and Youth Care Worker.
Requirements for a successful candidate:
- Qualified Child and Youth Care Worker
- Current registration with South African Council for Social Service Professions
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Have strong family and other support systems
- Competency in English and Xhosa
- Experience in HIV programs
- Experience in community child and youth care work will be an advantage
- Being HIV+ and Proud will be an advantage
- Being trained in Vhutshilo 1, 2 and 3 and PEP will be an advantage
CYCWs will be required to provide high impact services and structured programs to HIV infected and affected Orphans, Vulnerable Children and Youth (OVCY) and Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) and Boys. The following responsibilities will be required of successful candidates:
- Develop professional relationships with OVCY, AGYW, boys and their families.
- Conduct HIV risk assessments.
- Network and liaise with relevant Department of Health facilities, Social Development offices, organizations and resources in the community.
- Make appropriate referrals and linkages for HIV+ beneficiaries.
- Advocate and uphold the rights of children and youth at risk.
- Provide individual care and support to the children, youth and families in their life space.
- Understand and monitor targets per age, sub-population, gender and HIV status.
- Assist families with ART compliance and disclosure.
- Document and record all activities in terms of formats and/or guidelines provided.
- Adhere to Child and youth Care Work Code of Ethics, and to programmatic standard operating procedures and principles.
Please email your CV, without certificates, and a 1-page cover letter to: email@example.com
- Closing date for applications is 16h00, 11 January 2019
- Short-listed candidates will be informed by 16 January 2019
- Interviews will be conducted from 21 January 2019
- Relocation costs will NOT be covered by the employer
- The employer reserves the right to not appoint
- The employer will be a registered Community-Based Host Organisation and not NACOSA