Vacancies: Child and Youth Care Workers
Opportunities, Vacancies | 7 Dec 2018
NACOSA in partnership with the National Association of Child Care Workers (NACCW) and local CBOs based in Mitchells Plain and Khayelitsha in the Western Cape will be implementing a USAID and PEPFAR-funded project in in the Sub-Districts Khayelitsha and Mitchells Plain. We are inviting suitably qualified Child and Youth Care Workers, who meet the below criteria, to apply for the position of Child and Youth Care Worker.
67 CYCW posts are available until 30 September 2019 with the potential to be renewed for another year. The anticipated start date is 15 January 2019.
Requirements for a successful candidates:
- Qualified CYCW with an FETC Child and Youth Care Work
- Current registration with South African Council for Social Service Professions
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Have strong family and other support systems
- Competency in English and Afrikaans for Mitchells Plain
- Competency in English and Xhosa for Khayelitsha
- Experience in HIV programs will be an advantage
- Experience in community child and youth care work will be an advantage
- Being HIV+ and Proud will be an advantage
- Being trained in Vhutshilo 1, 2 and 3, Stepping Stones, ASPIRES, KidzAlive, and PEP will be an advantage.
CYCWs will be required to provide high impact services and structured programs to HIV infected and affected Orphans, Vulnerable Children and Youth (OVCY) and Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) and Boys. The following responsibilities will be required of successful candidates:
- Develop professional relationships with OVCY, AGYW, boys and their families.
- Conduct HIV risk assessments.
- Network and liaise with relevant Department of Health facilities, and organizations and resources in the community.
- Make appropriate referrals and linkages for HIV+ beneficiaries.
- Advocate and uphold the rights of children and youth at risk.
- Provide individual care and support to the children, youth and families in their life space.
- Understand and monitor targets per age, sub-population, gender and HIV status.
- Assist families with ART compliance and disclosure.
- Keep records of all activities in terms of formats and/or guidelines provided.
- Adhere to Child and youth Care work Code of Ethics, and to programmatic standard operating procedures and principles.
Please email your CV, without certificates, and a 1 page cover letter to: WCrecruitment@nacosa.org.za
- Closing date for applications is 16h00, 31st December 2018
- Short-listed candidates will be informed by 2 January 2018
- Interviews will be conducted from 7 January 2019
- Relocation costs will NOT be covered by the employer
- The employer reserves the right to not appoint
- The employer will be a registered Community-Based Organisation and NOT NACOSA or NACCW.